Monday, August 15, 2011

Honda C110 90cc Piranha Engine Upgrade

Bought this bike as a mutt anyway so we decided to swap out the already wrong c100 engine (with the kickstart rod broken off) and swap in a 90cc semi-auto Piranha engine.
Here are the parts!
 The engine/tank-less frame looks so sad...
 All mounted up!  I actually got the tank on and the wiring figured out too (has spark!) but the c110 exhaust wouldn't fit.  I have to get an aftermarket one.  The lights are just running off the stator right now and I would like to get a battery in here so it's more safe to run at night (in case of break down).  Want to add a kill switch and I need to modify the brake lever/ footrests to fit the wider engine.  The slide throttle is not working well either....although it is more aesthetically pleasing, I would like to switch it up and clean up the handlebars.  IF all this gets done and it is still warm, new tires/tubes will be a must.  
Vroom Vroom soon I hope!

1 comment:

  1. Hi ,does that kit convert from 6v to 12v then . Many thanks Graham.

    ReplyDelete