Sunday, March 6, 2011

Engine work

This should have all been done such a long time ago. I am scared that I will do it wrong so I haven't been doing it at all. I have two more engines to rebuild after this one so no more dragging my feet. Bottom end is ready for bolts, top end will come soon after. I am going to tear down one other engine and throw parts in the parts cleaner to soak while I finish this one.....
Gasket cleaning hell awaits......

Things that happen when rebuilding an engine:
A: The manual that you bought and the one that you downloaded are very different from each other. In the end you realize neither one is right.
B: The edges of everything are sharp but you will forget this many times.
C: Once everything is put back on, you will find a washer, spacer, bolt that you didn't put in that is no longer put-in-able without taking apart everything you have already done. Oh well, you'll do it right next time.
D: Nothing at the hardware store fits, but I guess that is what a grinding wheel is for.
E: You will probably forget to tighten down the oil filter bolts before you put the side cover on and have to take it back off again.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment