Monday, September 19, 2011

1955 Guide

I came across this at Midland antique store ( www.midlandathome.com ) this past Sunday.  It was one of only 2 things I was able to buy....if I actually build a bigger garage, about 1500 dollars is getting dropped at Midland for some vintage cabinetry, stools, and workbenches, etc......

1955 tourist guide to Japan published by Mainichi newpaper in 1955.  They also had the 1956 guide but this one looked way more interesting.  I will, like the old motorcycle magazine, want to post some of the more interesting things I find.  

Today, we start with the 50's style from cover, the back page, and a pull out map of Tokyo.  Enjoy?

 This is a really sad scan of the map.  It is crazy to see this and think about how Tokyo has filled out since then....

No comments:

Post a Comment