Monday, November 14, 2011

1960's Honda Dealer Tool kits

I stumbled on these a week or so ago on ebay....
I see these metal cases sometimes but they are always priced wrong...
These started out at a decent price and the seller only lived 15 minutes away so I thought I would call and see if he would take them off ebay for me for the right price.
Of course he wouldn't so I ended up bidding on every last one...
I got 3 for cheaper than I offered him on the phone but one went for about twice as much.  
If you want to see the best thing about these tool boxes, scroll down.......




They came with the tools!



Worth every penny.......  
I am not sure what goes with what set but I do know they all came from the same dealer somewhere in Indiana so I am sure I have most of the tools.... 
 A ton of usable tools, lots of randoms and repeats but overall just an amazing find.
The float measuring guides in the 250-300 set match up to just about all the bikes I have/want.  
There was even a cb350 one in there still in the plastic wrap....

8 comments:

  1. I have a pink one, full of tools for the Honda S90- Any idea what its worth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me a few pictures and I can tell you exactly what tools are correct for your box and what your missing. Dave M.

      Delete
  2. S90 stuff is pretty rare right? I'm not sure but there are a couple on ebay right now. I've seen them go for over 200....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their boxes are a bit harder to find but many of the S90 tools are common to other boxes as well with a few different ones. DM

      Delete
    2. Any chance you want to sell the Honda 50 kit?

      Delete
  3. The boxes are very nice and in better shape than you usually find. The tools however are severely lacking and as most boxes that are found like yours contain many other model tools and even different manufatctures. Remember, a lot of mechanics just ripped open the boxes and never put them in the same ones or ones that they were supposed to go in. You are missing about 1/2 the tools in every box as your are missing all the valve cutters and there are a bunch of "Common" tools mixed in. I realize this is a 3 year old blog but if you want to know what you have and what you are missing, let me know, You'll have to spread the tools out and I can tell you which are for what models, and which tools are not Honda tools. DM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MrMw67 - Thanks for the offer! I really wasn't too worried about whether the tools inside were supposed to be what was in there. A few of them have proven useful in the last few years and rest are cool relics! Thanks for the offer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any chance you want to sell the Honda 50 one? I have a honda 50 and been looking for one for a long time..

    ReplyDelete