Sunday, June 27, 2010

kurama to masaru/ tokyo to tsukuba!

KURAMO ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Here are some pictures from my morning with Kuramo. After breakfast we skated around to a few shrines and even got to go to a waterfall. The Shinto shrine for Foxes was having a festival and there were a bunch of cute grandma`s there. After we got back to his place we decided to go eat at a Gyoza restaurant in Ikebukuro that has vegan options. They were out of vegan gyoza but it was still really good. I can still taste the garlic in my mouth 12 hours later.
I finally found a waterproof/shockproof camera for cheap at a new electronics store near the station. I said goodbye to kuramo (capsule hotel next sunday in Ueno!!) and it was off to prepare for my trip to Tsukuba were I am now.
Before coming, i made sure to get my international license again so i can ride Masaru`s motorcycle (sr400) and possibly rent one (200 a day! yeah right!). He is living on his own in some apartments close to a pretty famous skate spot (it has been in a number of american videos and magazines). His bike is parked at his brothers house so we decided to get it. .. .. it is the rainy season here now but had only sprinkled all day so i figured things would be alright for the ride home (i rode the bike, he drove his honda) it started pouring and 15 minutes later we are back at his apartment. soaked but happy. his bike is not jetted right. we are going to check it out tomorrow when it is dry. interesting first ride though, at night and in the rain. I did take a left at one stop light and went down the wrong lane for a bit.
Pictures!

At the fox shrine
Waterfall man made from hundreds of years ago

MASARU ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment