Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tofu!

Since I am in Japan now, I guess I will write in English.

This is a Tofu shop in Tokyo. It is a normal tofu shop, an old man and woman own it and live in the back. They have all kinds of tofu here, all vegan, and some noodles too. The old man told me that he wakes up at around 3:30 or 4am everyday and makes tofu. When he is finished making the tofu, packaging it up, delivering it to local places, he cleans the shop and then sells tofu until about 6 everyday. I love to buy tofu from him and other small shops like this. They put everything they have into what they make. Today when I bought the tofu, the wife sold it to me. I guess the old man must be resting. We talked for a while about different things then I asked if I could take pictures of the shop and the machinery. It seemed like she didn't feel comfortable with it so I didn't take any of the inside. I will ask the old man next time I am around this area.
Tofu with sesame seeds, shitake mushrooms and carrots inside. 4 for 100yen (1 dollar). So cheap-So good. I love this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment