Sunday, January 23, 2011

Rigid frame 350....bad idea?


The welding is done. It took a few hours to figure out what was going on and how I would fit everything where. This may have been a horrible idea... or it may turn out to be what I do to these bikes. It doesn't really matter since it was fun to build.

Had to rebuild the triple tree to figure out where I wanted the hardtail the bike. I am glad I did this. Wasn't as bad as I had expected. The next time will be even quicker.
I used 1 inch DOM tubing and the clevis of the original shock here. This might not look as cool as some other options but it will allow me to drop the wheel done when I want to work on the bike.
This is the part of the frame that swings up to connect to end of the bike, which was cut off last week. I used some air tool my brother showed me to grind this out to the shape of the tubing.
This is what the bike looked like pre-weld and pre-bend on the tubes.
Ryan got the oxyacy torch out and we bent the tubing.

This is what I am working with now. Next weekend I will clean up the welds and bring it frame back home to finish here. As long as my parts keep selling on ebay, I should be done with this by the end of February......the biggest decision now is what tank to put on it.... cl72?

No comments:

Post a Comment