Tuesday, February 22, 2011

No more eating out

more ebay shopping.

I get surprises at my door more often than I used to. More time to think, more time to dream.
This is what I got today.

The most beautiful blue tank from a 60's honda cl160. This has the perfect amout of scratches, dents, and rust. I couldn't paint a more interesting tank so I plan use it just like this (the inside will be cleaned of course). The petcock looks like its going to give me some trouble though...... Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, right? Those cracked rubber side panels are so good..
I was checking out the rust inside and noticed it came with an extra surprise! Still stuck to the inside/top of the tank. Put a lid on that boi, I'm allergic to them thangs....
It is almost spring and with the trail behind my house and a new pup to ride with, I have to be ready. The plan is to rebuild the bike I inherited from my brother that I road around Bloomington for 4 years. It needs some tune up I guess. First time working on a pedal powered bike (besides a flat tire or two). Didn't you hear? 700c coaster brake is the new fixie. I hope not....speaking of that......I have a fixie for sale. Flat black, rides good, flip-flop hub, bought it new a couple years ago and just rode it to Broadripple and back. Hit me up if your into that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment