Sunday, February 13, 2011

Rewiring Ben's cb500

Headed over to Ben's house to re-wire his bike which used to be Brett's bike and before that Justin's........I feel like I have been helping out with this bike for years....... these old Hondas never die! I was there from about 8 to 3 Saturday morning. Special thanks to Grant for all the skate video distraction and Ben for listening to my endless psycho-babble about whatever was on my mind at the time. Please never take me seriously or you might end up like me........
It was really fun. Being a high school teacher I see and hear my share of messed up sketchy crap. It was nice to spend an afternoon with a family and some kids that have their business together.
Grant spent the night apparently and hung out in the garage, later joined by Frownie. Candy, donuts and mountain dew from 8 till three.......must be nice to be a teenager again. I had my tea and a fruit smoothie.

My hands hurt after a few hours of this, do they make more comfortable tools for stripping and clamping wire? ..........nice beard....... 
I ran all new wiring throughout, kick only setup. The new regulator/rectifier combo made things much easier. I didn't finish the headlight and the turn signals were not installed and i didn't have a winker so they didn't get wired in. Bike starts and idles fine. Hopefully the charging system won't have any troubles.
This was our main heat source. It actually worked amazing. Make a mental note......
Brookes is the pug that lives here. I have a soft side for pugs.........bonzai where you at?
And of course my little lady was curled up on my coat in front of the heater most of the time. She also got to hang out with the family for a while! Thanks! Her and Brookes might have exchanged numbers...... Brookey boy rockin' the cradle.... Better watch out, Georgie might track you down....he's part pit.....

No comments:

Post a Comment