Thursday, May 5, 2011

Never too sick

to work in the garage with my pup. Turn my head off and fade into my own little world.....


After working on the CL last night, the hardtail was getting jealous.....
Leather electronics cover. Yeah? probably not. Oh well.............at least now I know.
Rubber knee pads came in today too.
Regret.
Hope.
Still need to stain the side emblems but other than that and some 120/70 jets for the carbs. This bike is done for a minute.

Crossing my fingers for my engine on the CL....got a call today. Apparently the cam chain roller is not worth putting back in the engine and my compression problem was due to using the wrong gasket glue stuff....how was I supposed to know? It says it is for engines right on it...... It was turning over hard because there was no compression building up to force it over. Never making that mistake again. Never taking an entire engine to get rebuilt again either....probably....... They miraculously had another cam chain roller laying around....hmm.... if the valves aren't bent, I should have it back early next week!.....hopefully?

Psyched for the mini-marathon this weekend. I prefer the 2 or 4 wheeled type of recreational activities but the whole family will be around for the first time in months......need some family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment