Thursday, November 22, 2012

勤労感謝の日

While I am not exactly excited about the roots of this American holiday, I do understand the need to reflect on who we are thankful for in life.  In Japan this is celebrated as 勤労感謝の日、or labor day thanksgiving.  Though the name and date changes during the occupation of Japan after the war, it originally was a celebration of the first harvest of rice.  

It is easy to get caught up in our everyday and take those around us for granted.  I am thankful this year for that realization, even though it came at a great cost.

Mom's vegan pumpkin pie. 
感謝!!

My dad finally retired. 
So I put him to work.  
I look forward to being able to spend more time with him.

Door demo!






Still need to trim the inside, caulk and paint.


Some people say that sometimes one door has to shut for another to open.  
I replaced the whole damn door.  
So what's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment