Thursday, November 28, 2013

This engine should give thanks....

...that I didn't throw it out the window on the way to the skatepark.

2 hours turned to 6.
I guess I should be thankful I have many engines to pull parts from.....

 Two problems right away.
One fixed.
 One caused about 2-3 more hours of work.....
 Yet another problem...
 This is the part I wish I could have used.                                                                                                This is the bottom end I used.
Surfaces clean, no cracks in the case.                                                                                                    Gasket surfaces decent.
I didn't want to switch out the shifter for mechanism but....                                                                                      Transmission looked good.

This was the problem.
I ended up breaking off a drill bit in it before I could get a chance to extract it.
Time to pull, clean, and swap a different top case......
 Gasket surfaces cut, sudzed, final clean.
 Re-installed in the new case.
 The cleaned and ready top with the ready to go bottom.
 A lot happened after this.
Throwing things.
Reading the manual.
Feeling helpless.
Feeling of chopped guts.
 And magically it went back together.
This was one of the biggest struggles and I have nothing to show for it.
New cam chain.
Everything is almost ready....
 New race clutch springs.
 A little more push....
 Ready for the top end.

No comments:

Post a Comment