Thursday, November 28, 2013

This engine should give thanks....

...that I didn't throw it out the window on the way to the skatepark.

2 hours turned to 6.
I guess I should be thankful I have many engines to pull parts from.....

Start.
 Two problems right away.
One fixed.
 One caused about 2-3 more hours of work.....
 Yet another problem...
 This is the part I wish I could have used.                                                                                                This is the bottom end I used.
Surfaces clean, no cracks in the case.                                                                                                    Gasket surfaces decent.
I didn't want to switch out the shifter for mechanism but....                                                                                      Transmission looked good.


This was the problem.
I ended up breaking off a drill bit in it before I could get a chance to extract it.
Time to pull, clean, and swap a different top case......
 Gasket surfaces cut, sudzed, final clean.
 Re-installed in the new case.
 The cleaned and ready top with the ready to go bottom.
 A lot happened after this.
Food.
Skating.
Napping.
Throwing things.
Reading the manual.
Feeling helpless.
Feeling of chopped guts.
 And magically it went back together.
This was one of the biggest struggles and I have nothing to show for it.
New cam chain.
Everything is almost ready....
 New race clutch springs.
 A little more push....
 Ready for the top end.




No comments:

Post a Comment