Monday, June 13, 2011

New brake

lights arrived in the mail today.
They were covered in dirt from 100 years so I opened them up, took them apart and gave them a bath.
Moyou of course tryin' to get in on the action.
This is the finished product of the one on the right. It has two bulbs in it! I like these kind better than the 2 stage bulbs for some reason.... I used the wire wheel on the surface rust but didn't clean it completely, kind of like the headlight on the chimp.
Did the same thing to the light on the left. The cheap plastic headlight I got from China to replace the light I demolished in the wreck died after only one ride.... evidently the LED bulbs couldn't handle the battery replacers surges. This matches the bike better anyway. I did the same thing with the colors in this too. Wire wheeled so it is silver/rusty/black with a clear coat to make it pop.

I still have a few minor things to do before the CL and Chimp are worry-free road worthy but most of the cosmetic stuff is done.... I just want to ride, not fix, when I get back from Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment