Wednesday, July 27, 2011

C110 progress?

Took apart the front end in an attempt to find out what I can replace it with.  I found out that there are many options but I have to find forks short enough for the job.  I ended up mulling around Two wheels for a while.  They have a ton of old Honda front ends.  After doing some measuring I figured out I need a CL100 triple tree and ST90 front forks.  Already ordered should be here in about a week.  Hope I don't have to rebuild the forks.  Also got a gasket set, new piston, and rings for the C110 and a front fork rebuild set for my CT90 -(fork boots, springs, bushings, and spacers).  I need to get another battery and maybe a chain for the C110.  
 The frame looks sad.  I need to get this thing back on the road!
 Front forks were bent AND I wanted hydraulic forks for this so I can attach some mini clip-ons.
 This was the battery in the frame.  It wasn't hooked up at all.  I have never seen a HM (Honda Manufacturing) logo on a battery.  I wonder how old this is......
  I need more space in my garage!  I need a bigger garage!!!!   I checked out local places but they seem expensive...  After a short CL ride today I backed it in the garage and then I just stayed seated while working on the C110.  Unbelievably cramped...
  The CL got new grips.  It is shifting way better.  I think it just needs to be ridden, and timed....  I am lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment