Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mid-Ohio 2011

Got back from Canada/Michigan just in time for Mid-Ohio!

  3-up in a Toyota truck.  Bikes in the back, snacks in the cooler, shades and hats-> check
 Going through the Columbus Ohio area and you think we are not going to skate?   First stop Dublin.   I put 3 pictures on here to convince you NOT to go here.   Or I guess, to go here to see how to NOT pour concrete, then go to Powell.
 No.
 It has some fun sections.....
 Powell was fun!  Street stuff was good.  Good bowl (from what I could see, can't skate that stuff....).  Local teeny boppers were killin' it.....



**-- MidOhio! --**
Saw too much to even document.  This is just the stuff that stood out this year.  We were here for hours picking through parts the whole time.  Didn't have time to see the races..(and the rain kind of stopped them).  Next year we MUST camp and set up a booth, camp, get down with the hillbillies!
Tickets please
 I am not sure what kind of bike this was....it has a 150cc piranha engine in it though..Looks like a c110 with a different tank.  I am definitely going to make one of these eventually.
 This is my idea of a goldwing trike!  My dad might not agree....
 Van-life.  Sick!  It was even period correct....ha
 Honda Monkey s - t - r - e - t - c - h - e - d.  Rice Paddy motorcycles.  Yeah.  www.ricepaddymotorcycles.com
 Last year I was hurtin' but this year I came prepared.  Fruit and smart water fueled the 5+ hour picking.  Got gooogly eyed after about half of the booths.  Saw some amazing crap.  Didn't buy all of it.....  Overall I think every one of us came up.  Hard case luggage, old honda literature and manual, 4X350 carbs with good diaphrams, cl350 exhaust, brake light thingy, old tool bag and first aid box, memories, redneck sunburn.  Regrets?  I should have bought the ca95dream, 150 Benly mufflers I saw for 150.......  I wish we would have had room for the two cl77's one of the racers was trying to sell me or the two 350's I bet I could have haggled down....  Oh well.  There is always next year and I have too much in my garage right now anyway.   
Dirty apple eating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment