Sunday, January 15, 2012

1974 Honda XL350 Engine Removal

I don't mind taking engines out of frames......especially if they are just twin or single cylinder guys...
I do however mind when the redneck bastards I get bikes like this from think its okay to use non-metric bolts and nuts.  Spend a little time and get the OEM bolts for 50 cents......
I guess I am expecting too much and of course, I am the one who bought it knowing this would be the case.  
I had already started to tear stuff off...carb, air box, whatever.

Clean frame.  Nothing looks bent or re-welded.  Not like I am going to reuse anything but maybe the cables on this thing anyway.

Vroom Vroom?  Not for a while.  I am going to put in the stock 350 cylinder and piston, get a valve job done and put new side covers on the engine.  I might have to get a new head too......one that doesn't have fins that have been beat with a hammer.......

1 comment: